Are you looking for wood countertops for sale then go here? Many people think of butcher block counters and wooden coat hangers when they consider a kitchen counter. But you don’t have to be limited to these styles! There are many choices for custom wood countertops for sale, including backsplashes, bakers’ racks, island bars, island cookers, pizza ovens, and more.
Of course there are two basic types of countertops: unfinished and pre-finished. Unfinished countertops are the easiest to install and the least expensive. However, if you’re just building a new kitchen, you might opt for pre-finished countertops to save money. Here are some things to consider when choosing custom countertops for sale:
* Did you know that wood countertops are becoming quite popular for DIY wood countertops? Most people have heard of pre-finished and finished countertops. The key is that although they may look similar they have different pros and cons. One of the major benefits of a DIY wood countertop is that you can do it yourself (assuming you have the proper tools).
* Why choose natural wood over artificial? One of the reasons is that natural wood is one of the most durable materials. If you have children or pets in your home, investing in solid wood countertops can reduce the impact on their health. In addition, many homeowners with pets find that natural wood countertops add a sense of peace and elegance to their kitchen, which decreases the need to bring home carpet!
* How durable is the wood countertop? This may seem like a simple question, but a lot of people aren’t sure about the durability of wood countertops for sale. When purchasing a wood countertop it’s important to know how well it will hold up to usage. While most countertops in general can withstand a lot of use, make sure you know what you’re getting with your chosen countertop.
* What is the live edge? The live edge is the portion of the countertop where the counter begins to curve. The majority of countertops in homes today come pre-finished and with a smooth, uniform surface. You want to make sure that when you purchase your countertop that it has the same feel as it’s going to have when it first appears in your home. Look for a countertop that has a smooth, even live edge wood bar top surface.
* Does the supplier I’m considering provide custom butcher block? If you are looking to install your own countertops, you will likely be limited to standard measurements. Many suppliers that specialize in DIY countertops do not carry standard sizes. If you are interested in diy wood countertops, inquire about supplier availability. Some manufacturers that offer custom sized products may also carry standard sizes from which you can choose.
* Natural Wood Bar Tops – If you are looking for a natural wood bar top, you will need to be very particular about the manufacturer you choose. Only a few manufacturers offer custom made countertops. These manufacturers tend to focus on customer satisfaction and innovation. This is in contrast to large, mass-market manufacturers who focus on creating the most cost effective product.
* Are there any special features or characteristics? You will want to look for a manufacturer that offers something called “ceramic inserts”. This is a high quality product that is specially designed to fit seamlessly into a wood kitchen top. As the name suggests, these inserts will not damage the surface of your current countertops. Instead, they will simply blend in and create an additional barrier between your hot kitchen and your countertop.
* What are the benefits of reclaimed wood countertops? One of the best benefits of this material is that it can withstand a lot of abuse. Many people prefer to use these countertops because they are extremely durable. The end grain of the wood countertops I looked at had endured many years of abuse and stood up strong. Not only does this add a unique look to your kitchen, it also adds a measure of resale value to your home as well!
If you are on a tight budget, don’t fret. You can still find excellent deals on wood countertops for sale. One of the easiest ways to save money on your new kitchen countertops is to shop at clearance or closeout sales. Just be sure that you buy at the right time of year. This is when countertop manufacturers will offer deep discounts for their products so you get them while they are still high quality.
Wood countertops for sale from a remodelaholic will offer you all of the benefits listed above. They will also come with some great discount deals, so you can get your kitchen looking as if you spent thousands less than the retail price. If you are a DIY person, I would strongly suggest looking into this option. You will have all of the satisfaction of knowing that your countertop was created by someone who knows how to make a high-end product without breaking the bank. Plus, the savings you will make on your energy bills and lower carbon footprint will really add up!